1-WIRE Temp sensor unstable reading
I'm wondering why I have erratic changes in temperature readings. The readings can jump anywhere from 0.3 to 0.8 of a degree at a time within a second, then back again. I would assume a 1-wire sensor with a metal casing would be a stable thermal mass.
What could cause them to be so unstable? I have the driver set to 200ms execution. Another thing to note is the unstable sensors are around 0-3°C, the stable ones are around 18-20°C
jaroslav_sobota last edited by
never heard of such a problem. Please provide more information, namely:
- What hardware are you using as the 1-Wire master? Monarco HAT?
- How many sensors in total are you using?
- How long is the wiring?
- Can you try swapping the temperature probes?
- Does the problem persist if you use fewer sensors? E.g. removing the stable ones temporarily.
- How often does this happen?
- Do you have a time plot showing the reported problem?
- Any errors in the System log?
I only had 4 sensors, and I am using the Monarco hat. The sensor cables are all 1.5m long is a star formation.
I have ordered more as I think I had a bad batch. I have issues with the same sensors not working after a power loss.
I will let you know more once I have tried the new sensors.
An update to the above. I'm now very sure I had a bad batch of sensors, it turns out I'm not alone. Over people have seen the same thing having bought sensors from certain websites.
Be careful when buying 1-Wire sensors as it seems there are cheaper, not so reliable ones flooding the market.